Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Saturday, July 4, 2009 at 7:15 AM (EDT)
Perfect for the Individual interested in both running and weight-lifting
The Orrville Area Young Professionals Network PUMP & RUN, sponsored by Zephyrs Gym will be held in conjunction with the Orrville Rotary Club's Firecracker 5K on Saturday, July 4 at Orrville High School, Orrville, Ohio. Parking is available. No lockers or showers available.
Pre-Registration Fee = $25, on-line
On-site registration fee = $30
Weigh-in is 7:15am - 8:15am. Run starts promptly at 8:30am
Men's Lifting Division
- Men 39 and under: contestants will bench press 100% of their weight.
- Men 40-49: bench press 90% of their weight
- Men 50-59: bench press 80% of their weight
- Men 60-69: bench press 70% of their weight
- Men 70+: bench press 60% of their weight
Women's Lifting Division
- Women 39 and under: contestants will bench press 70% of their weight
- Women 40-49: bench press 60% of their weight
- Women 50-59: bench press 50% of their weight
- Women 60-69: bench press 40% of their weight
- Women 70+: bench press 40% of their weight
- Judging will be done by Zephyrs Gym Personnel
- Judges decision is final!
- An athlete will reduce their run time by 30 seconds for each successful lift (maximum 30 reps) which will allow a runner to reduce their run time by 15 minutes based on 30 reps (max).
- Minimum age 18.
- A runner's time will be based on how many times he/she can bench press their weight.
- Weigh-in is 7:15 am - 8:15 am on race day.
- No bench press warm-up will be provided.
- Body weight will be rounded to nearest 5 pound increment (weigh in with shoes, shorts and shirt required).
- Lift starts with the bar in the extended position.
- Feet must remain in contact with the floor during the lift (no hooking bench support with feet/legs).
- Bar must touch the chest and be fully extended on each press; stopping terminates the lift. No bouncing bar off chest.
- Body (shoulder and rear) must stay in contact with bench during lifts.
- In necessary, plates may be placed under lifter's feet.
- No belts, wraps or lifting suits.
5K Run Details
- 5K (3.1 miles) over paved roads.
- Course clearly marked with traffic control and protection.
- Times at finish.
- Orrville Rotary Club will conduct run.
All proceeds benefit RED RIDERS READ Literacy Project, a program of the Orrville Public Library
When & Where
Orrville Rotary Club
637 E Main Street, Smithville, OH 44677